Production: " Sophia's" (Short Film)
Employer: Sheridan College
Duration: 2 days, starts February 8, 2014
Director: Diego Guijarro.
Jason struggles with the thought of losing his wife, Sophia, who has been lying in an irreversible coma for over a month. Unbeknownst to him, she is pregnant with his child and his decision to pull the plug may have heartbreaking consequences.
Apply to: Kyle Burns Email ( email@example.com )
1. JASON WHITLEY. Male / 31-40 yrs. / Caucasian. Look: taller man. Blue/Green eyes preferable, but not essential. Character: determined and prudent person. Unfortunately he is facing the most difficult time of his life where he must make his wife's decision between life and death. Specifics: The character, Jason, will be portraying sorrow and a sense of lost hope as he has to make a decision thatís bigger than anything heís ever been faced with. There is a brief scene, a flashback, between Jason and Sophia sitting on a bed, intimately looking at each other before kissing
2. SOPHIA WHITLEY. Female / 25-30 yrs. / Caucasian. Look: petite, brunette, with soft features. Character: Used to be happily married, now Sophia has been in an irreversible coma for over a month now. During the story we discover that her situation is worse than expected. Specifics: during the majority of the film, Sophia is in a coma, so most of the role just requires the actress to lie on a bed. There is a brief scene, a flashback, between Jason and Sophia sitting on a bed, intimately looking at each other before kissing.
3. DOCTOR THOMAS. Male / 41-50 yrs. / Caucasian. Look: tall, with grey hair. Character: He works in the hospital and treats Sophia as her critical care doctor. He is long experienced in his field. Specifics: He is going to be the one that carries the most important conversation with Jason. He is going to be the one who tries to keep him hopeful during this hard time.
4. NURSE COLLINS> Female / 31-40 yrs. / Any Ethnicity. Look: any Character: She is the one who has been taking care of Sophia day by day for the past month. Specifics: Some dialogue. Even though it is not a principal role, she is going to be the one that has connected the most with Jason in the past month.
5. NURSE RENAULT. Female / Any age / Any Ethnicity. Look: any Character: She is a new intern learning the job under NURSE COLLINS. Non speaking character.