Production: "Happy Endings". A thesis short film for Humber College.
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Employer: Humber College - Film and Media Production
SHOOT DATES: November 21-24 2013
Status: Humber College has a production agreement with ACTRA. Please submit both Union and Non- Union performers.
Intentions: This thesis short film will be screened at Humber College South Campus, and will be submitted to numerous film festivals. A degree is rewarded to the fourth year students upon the completion of the project.
Director: Hannes Thor Arason
Writer: Hannes Thor Arason, Andrew Korogyi
AUDITION DATES: Saturday November 2nd or Monday November 4th, 2013
Audition Location: Saturday - TBA, Monday - Humber College South Campus (Room# TBA)
Rate: Non-paying student film. We can accept union and non-union actors through our student agreement with ACTRA. This is a non-paying student film and no permit is required. Actors will receive a copy of the finished film for their demo reel. (Models will be provided with professional makeup and on-set photos for their portfolio). Meals, beverages and transportation compensation will be provided for the shoot days. All actors encouraged to apply! Deadline for submission is Wednesday October 30 2013. Actors will be notified for invitation to Audition immediately following this deadline.
Happy Endings follows Dennis, a 47 year old, socially reclusive parking booth attendant. After falling in love with May, a Thai, transgendered* masseuse, Dennis attempts to liberate her from the claws of her evil boss Papa Michael.
*Transgendered: The actress playing the role of May will be made to appear to be transgendered.
Apply to: Alison Rheaume, Casting Director. Email - ( firstname.lastname@example.org )
1. (Lead) DENNIS Male Late 40's Scenes 15: Caucasian, appears to be late 40's (preferably balding and/or some grey hair) with heavy build/stalky. Playing the role of a parking booth attendant. Lead role, no speaking lines (however is in every scene of film).
2. (Principal) MAY Female 25-45 Lines 3 Scenes 7: Asian (Thai) slender physique, playing the role of a masseuse. Large principal role, minimal dialogue. Ability to speak Thai an asset.
3. (Actor) PAPA MICHAEL Male 30-50 Lines 3 Scenes 4: Asian (Thai), any age between 30-50 welcome, brief physical combat required, playing the role of a Thai pimp. Supporting role, minimal dialogue. Ability to speak Thai an asset, training in staged combat also asset.
4. (Actor) PHALIN Female Late 50's Lines 4 Scenes 3: Asian (Thai), late 40's/50's, playing the role of a massage parlour receptionist. Minimal dialogue.
5. (Actor) VICTOR Male Early 30's Lines 4 Scenes 2: Caucasian, early 30's, athletic build preferred (but not required), clean cut, playing the role of a "douche-bag" type male interacting with lead actor in parking garage. Minimal dialogue.
6. (Actor) NATALIE Female Early 30's Scenes 2: Caucasian, late 20's-early 30's, attractive and respectable looking, playing the role of VICTOR'S girlfriend. No speaking roles. Please have monologue prepared for audition.
7. (Other) FEMALE MASSEUSE Female 18-34 Scenes 2: Asian (appears to be Thai), aged 18-34, will be playing role of young, attractive female masseuse. No speaking roles. ACTORS AND MODELS welcome to apply.
8. (Other) STRIP CLUB BARTENDER Male 40-70 Scenes 1: Any ethnicity, any age between 40-70 welcome, unique facial features are a plus (strong facial expression). No preferred body type.