Production: NO BUSHIDO (Short Film)
Employer: Ryerson University
Duration: Three days, starts March 11th
Director: Joshua Amar.
AUDITIONS: Tuesday February 19th 10 a.m. - 12 noon; Thursday February 21st 8 p.m. - 9 p.m.
The location for the auditions on Tuesday are in Room 313 in the Ryerson School of Image Arts (122 Bond St.).
The auditions on Thursday night will he held in Room 497 in the Ryerson University Library. (350 Victoria St.)
SHOOT DATES: March 11th - March 14th 2013
The Samurai is bound by the Bushido - a code that maintains balance in the war between the body and mind. If he loses all mind, his only virtue would be violence- the Samurai will no longer be a Samurai. No Bushido is a revenge story about what it means not to take revenge. When you lose everything, you can get dangerously close to losing yourself.
Apply to: Genevieve Latour. Email: ( firstname.lastname@example.org )
1. THE SAMURAI. Male / 25-30 yrs. / Any Ethnicity. The Samurai is an attractive man who is strong and lean. Although confident, he is still modest. He has an intense nature about him that is both alluring and, at times, lethal. The Samurai struggles with an internal battle to follow the code of "Bushido" (The Way of the Warrior). Coming from poverty, the Samurai holds his family closest to him and will stop at nothing to protect them. He knows when to execute his next move and follows his instincts.
2. THE MASTER. Male / 51-60 yrs. / Any Ethnicity. The Master is the Samurai's mentor. His skills in martial arts are unparalleled. After years of honouring the "Bushido" (The Way of the Warrior") he has walked away from the values that define the code and has turned to corruption. He abandons it for one last chance to regain the son he lost long ago.
3. THE SAMURAI'S WIFE. Female / 25-30 yrs. / Any Ethnicity. The Samurai's wife is stunning and has a unique, natural beauty that is reflected in both her physical features and essence. She is pure and feminine, though she has some 'femme fatale' qualities about her. She is the backbone to her husband and understands the Samurai way, but her love is distanced by a secret that shames her. She will do anything to protect her family.
4. THE CHILD. Male / 6-10 yrs. / Any Ethnicity. The child is a boy who is almost an exact reflection of the Samurai, but his innocence as a child defines him. The boy is smart, observant and yearns, one day, to follow in his father's footsteps.
5. MAN IN THE BLACK SUIT.Male / 31-40 yrs. / Any Ethnicity. Black Suit is a man in his mid 30s who stands out in appearance and is noticed by all around him. He is 6 foot, or taller, and is either muscle-bound or on the stockier side. He is the wealthy and pompous owner of a bar that is popular amongst kids, and welcomes trouble when he sees it.